Monday, May 23, 2005

Survivor 2

This afternoon i got back from the youth camp. It was a 3 day 2 night Survivor camp at St Johns Island. About 40 youth went and boy was it a great turnout. I thought the facilities there were quite good. The bunks were good, the showering facilities were interesting..lol..coz in the guys' showering area, there were no shower curtains and some smart alec used the spare bedsheets as shower curtains. And the partitions between the cubicles were so low. It was just up to my chest level so when i showered, i could see the other 4 people showering across..lol..it was a very interesting concept. I remember i went to the Malacca farm before.(saw ching's house) and over there he had an extra shelter for the people to sleep in. Some of the youth in church went including gary, irene and weeleng. The guys had to stay in that extra building and sleep on the floor and what's provided was just a mattress to cushion your body. That's it! And if you wanted to go to the toilet you had to go into the house and it was so inconvenient as they just had 2 toilets. Anyway, i'm diverting. Ok the youth camp were filled with activities. I was part of the organising committee so i wasn't a participant and couldn't have same fun as them. I don't know how the youth felt about the whole event but i hope they had fun. The bad part was that we ended around 1230m for both nights and by the time you shower, it'll be 1am and the next day we had to wake up at 7am. I was dead beat after the 2nd night but the shower really helped me revived my soul..hehe.

Ok, i got some feedback that the previous survivor was "more fair". I heard that the OCs had the same food as the participants. Well that's of course since it was held in sentosa and so they can just buy food back for everyone. Actually for this camp some priviledges were given already. Like we provided some of them boiling water instead of having them boil water themselves. I mean this is survivor!! Why this privildge? Well, maybe we can have the next camp at pulau ubin then we can all sleep in tents. That'll be fun. In fact i'm looking forward to an outing like that. The last time we did that i was with benedict, kah eng and clarence and a few others. It was really fun coz we pitched our own tents and cooked our own food with mess tins. Well, maybe survivor 3 would be like that..hahhaha..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, i got some feedback that the previous survivor was "more fair". I heard that the OCs had the same food as the participants.

if the participants also spent hours on weekends weekends and weekday evenings a month prior to the camp, planning, meeting, buying materials, making the props, brainstorming, staying up late during the camp, waking up the earliest to run around and prepare the next activity, stressing out, and all that, then I think we'll begin to reach the same "fair" standard.

otherwise, it's called "Survivor". The OCs have paid their dues and gone through their own 'hardship' long before the camp started and even during the camp.

sheep said...

true true..but what they see is us during the period of survivor mah...they don't think so much into how much work have gone into the planning. Oh well..let's give them less priviledges next time.hhehe