I got a call at 930am while i was in the office.
A: Hello sir, i'm calling from blah blah blah, do you still remember some time ago you filled in those lucky draw coupons at shopping centres?
(This wasn't the first time i got such calls and i'm angry for 2 reasons. Firstly, someone had sold my personal details and secondly, these people are lying to me.)
Me: No.
A: You didn't fill up those coupons or you forgot you filled them up before?
(This lady still continued with her game. I decided to drop a bomb on her)
Me: Oh yeah, i filled them up before but it was many years ago. (I wasn't lying to her on that)
A: Oh ok, bye.
This proves 2 things. It's dangerous to lie because the deeper you get in your lie, the harder you fall if you're found out. And be careful when giving out any personal details. If you do so, check for any privacy statement at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment