it was one of those rare times where i came back late. It was me, derrick,gracy, seowleng, adrian and irene and we went out for dinner at muthu's curry. We had to sit outside as there were lots of people inside already so that meant no aircon. But thankfully it was a cool night. We had fish head curry, cabbage,brinjal, masalah, honey chicken and briyani rice. The food was just wonderful. To me it was comparable to Annalakshmi. Each of us paid $18.55 which was quite reasonable too. After that it was already 945pm and all of us decided to catch a movie. Decided on meet the fockers and caught the show at 11pm. I had voted to watch a movie as i was so full i didn't want to walk...lol. Oh yeah, the good part was derrick was using a mini van so he could just ferry us from place to place. I remember the time a few years back when some of the young adults had their own cars and we would go out every saturday night. Now, the young adults have sold their cars or scrapped it and that's why transport is so essential to outings. The show ended at 1am and so derrick sent us home from Plaza Sing. I didn't find the movie particularly funny, though there were some parts. I find that there were alot of "sexual jokes" like the dog humping and i personally didn't find it hilarious. I prefer more intelligent jokes like those of stephen chow in kung fu hustle. I recall the "3 knives" incident where it showcased what stephen chow could do. It was an intelligient joke that had to be thought out properly and acted convincingly to pull it off too. I guess it's the way he likes to showcase stupidity and makes it so funny. I just love those kind of stuff. A comic of this nature would be Sherman's Lagoon. Anyway back to meet the fockers, the good thing i find about the film was the acting by ben stiller and robert deniro. Ben really did well in putting forth a character that was trying to win the hearts of his parents-in-law. And robert deniro just does it so well with his portrayal of a strict, conservative father. His character was just so real..haha. Ok that's all.
No comments:
Post a Comment