Thursday, November 18, 2004

Contact lenses

Today is the 3rd day of the seminar and i felt tonight's session was better than the first 2 nights. It seems that geoff (the speaker) is more direct in his approach to the bible now. I was disappointed that not many outsiders came..it seemed to me that most of them were people who were already SDAs and some were repeat seminar goers from the past seminars. The seminar hall today was about 60% - 70% filled tonight and the turnout was better than the first two nights. But i was thinking, it's not a disappointment after all, because we do have people who are christians of other churches faithfully attending these seminars and also our own people are going for their own benefit too. After all, the seminar is not only to evangelise to non-believers, but also to meet the need of our own souls. I was delighted to know that derrick had been attending the past 3 nights faithfully. I hope he will ultimately benefit and come back to church a new and revived believer of God.

Before the seminar i was out with derrick and andrew to get myself a pair of contact lenses. The lady said that some people can take up to 2 hours just to put on a pair. I was flabbergasted..how could someone take so long?? So i told myself i'll just do what a man's got to do - put on the contact lens for the first time. Yes it was the first time, and i had to get used to the idea of pulling back my eyelids exposing my eyeball and placing the soft lens on it. That was fine and it took me a few tries to get the hang of it. The more difficult part was taking it out. Almost like extracting your eyeball off its socket but not that bad. I had to use 2 fingers to pinch the lense and pull it off. Thankfully i did it and the whole consultation took about 20 minutes and was proud of my achivement. So i decided to treat both of my associates to yoshinoya. I was glad i was accompanied by them..that's what friends are for right? Yup, so that's about my highlight. I'll continue to tell more about my contact lens experience tomorrow.

1 comment:

hi said...

hey put contact lens very troublesome.. but u sure more shuai ... show a pic with contacts leh! i mean without glasses.. haha!